8.09.2007

Stashapalloza

Stashapalloza
Stashapalloza,
originally uploaded by Fiber Maiden.
So, it is offical I am all stashed up on yarn. This is the whole thing and it is a monster when you get it all together. Mostly these are just random oddballs, but there is a good stock pile of organic cotton and wool in there too. It seems I have a thing for brown, but the deal is I don't really like brown. That is why there is so much of it in my stash. I DONT END UP USING IT. I love color, but not texture too much. Not very much novelty yarn in here either. I just don't by it. Also, if you will notice there isn't even one skein of sock yarn in there. NOT ONE! I do knit socks, but I have never gotten into it like everyone else has. I like making them, but I buy my yarn for a pair at a time. You will also notice that there is a small section of fiber in the upper right hand side, in front of that are my first two balls of yarn. They have probably about 50 yards each of the skinniest and thickest yarns known to man. What the hell am I suppost to make out of that. I know I am not as bad as many other. Don't worry I won't mention your names in public! But for me it is alot. Stash burning and busting aside I just didn't know what I had. Now that I do, what do I do with it all? The one skeiners are going to become presents for loved ones this year. Hats & scarves. I would love to make a sweater out of the organic wool, but I am just shy of having enough. Plenty of organic cotton, but it is a 10/5/2 which basically means it is heavy and relatively thick. I made a sweater out of it and it weighs about 2 pounds. So, I am at a loss for that. The malanbrigo is being made into a sweater, so, no problem there. That baby alpaca in the back has got to go. I know that someone wants it bad, and that person is not me. You can have it by the way, no questions asked. I will keep the vintage yarn. It has been in my family for years. The recycled sweater yarn can be reused into a grocery tote. What in the hell do you knit with Chenille that isn't a baby blanket. I never find patterns for it. If you have ideas or know of someone who might send them an SOS for me. That about covers it with the exception of the eyelash yarns that I will keep forever because I paid to much for it. Ladies and Gentlemen STASHAPALLOZA 2007!

No comments: