7.17.2007

Knittingitus

Malabrigo
Malabrigo,
originally uploaded by Fiber Maiden.
So, I have been so busy with the new dog that I have done little to no knitting, crocheting, or spinning in the last week or so. I need to start practicing so serious time managment. I think time managment could benifit alot of knitters out there. More often than not I find that fiber hobbiests are all or nothing. Which is just a reflection of poor managment. Most artist are poor managers. In my previous business I found that artists never valued thier work appropriatly. Most of the time totally under valuing their talents, materials, and efforts. I think it is high time we start valuing our efforts in a manner that a good manager would. You should set aside time weekly to work on your projects. If you worked for you inc and you didn't do your work you would fire you, wouldn't you. If you worked for you inc and you undersold your work, you would fire you too. I know that with a little bit of pre planning, time managment, and organization. We can make this thing work. After all it isn't just knitting anymore. It is the time we can spending doing something we truelly love, and have a natural gift to do. Don't we deserve to manage it like it was a billion dollar asset! I think so!

No comments: