7.29.2007

Another week bites the dust

Sushi Embroidery
Sushi Embroidery,
originally uploaded by Fiber Maiden.
So, hell week at work is at a close, and only half of a hell week lay ahead, and then I can get back to more important things like knitting. In loo of knitting this week I also started another project. Dum Dum Dum ....... Embroidery. Yes, people I can do it all I am a regular wiz at just about anything fiber. I got some patterns in from sublime stitches at www.sublimestitching.com. I have never bought her patterns before, because I usually make my own. In the spirit of the post that I made a while back about time managment I am letting her do the work for me. Hey, I can do it all, but I don't have to. I like the patterns. They are a little simple and plain, and there are alot of things that I plan on adding, but they are the best patterns on the market for the modern embroiderer. If that is even a word. I really like embroidery it is cheap, dirt cheap, easy, imaginative, small (it travels just as well as knitting), and relaxing. I find it to be even more relaxing than knitting, but that probably is because I have been embroidering longer than knitting. There are thousands of stitches just like knitting, and there are lots of different colors and patterns. Typically you will see embroidery on tea towels, pillow cases, and hankies, but I have seen alot of other kind of embroidery including on clothing and art. Jenny Hart the creator and owner of Sublime Stiches is an artist in her own right. You can find her art at www.jennyhart.net she is very talented. I have never done anthing on her scale, but I do enjoy the detail work just like I see in her art. If you have never embroidered give it a try. You might find another fiber obsession you can't live without.

No comments: